How do you motivate yourself to write in 2011?
1) Consider your goals. If the desire to write something--anything--dominates your thoughts, this is the year to start. On the other hand, if the passion to write an article, novel or poem isn't primary in your mind, store the idea away until Jan. 15 or Feb. 1. Revisit the idea then.
2) Choose a project. Do you want to write your autobiography? a novel? an article for a specific magazine? a poem? Focus on the project. If you don't know how to start, do a Google search and get some help. Dozens of books, magazines and college and online classes are available.
3) Put time aside to write. Take a minimum of an hour, more if possible. Determine to write 500 words in that time. You can always increase the amount.
4) Write at the same time every day. Be faithful to the time. Don't take any minutes or days off. Be persistent.
5) Believe in yourself and your goal. You can reach it.