The Christmas, Hanukkah and other holiday seasons offer a challenge to writers. It's important to get stories written, but how can they get written when shopping, baking and other tasks need to get done?
Now is the time to formulate your 2011 holiday stories. Many publications accept Christmas stories a year before. The ideas will be fresh in your mind. If anything unusual happens, any surprises, any humorous experience, now is the time to write those down.
Here's a check list:
* Write about the hustle/bustle of getting ready for the holiday
* Write about visiting family during the holiday
* Write about what the holiday is like away from home
* Write about who is absent
* Write about your ideal Christmas, Hanukkah or whatever your favorite holiday is
You can come up with many more ideas. Then write the story and send it to the publication you know will publish it.