Thursday, September 8, 2011

Motivation to Write

Can't believe it's been three weeks since I last wrote a blog. Time does go by fast. I have a list of stories I want to write, and some how they aren't getting written. I get assignments and can polish most of those off in a few hours after the interviews. I need motivation, just like I need motivation to lose weight. What provides the motivation?
1) Serious life change--Everyone knows someone who has had a serious life change. My brother-in-law was diagnosed with cancer in 2009 and died in 2010. His death affected my life and my husband's in numerous ways, especially in putting our own mortality in perspective. I know there's a limited amount of time I have to write--so I'd better get the stories written.

2) Vision--I see the stories in print. I picture how I'm going to write them.
3) Hope--I'm investigating pubs that will accept them.

I don't want to look back and say I wasted time.
I'm on these projects today!

No comments:

Post a Comment